AntiLock Brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Henning

Reaction score
I am having an intermittant issue with my 2008 ST Limited where the antilock brakes are braking the truck without the brakes being applied.. I can be going down the road at 35 - 40 mph and I will hear a metallic chattering from front end then about 5 - 8 seconds later the brake pedal will start pulsating and on the dash the traction control light will illuminate. The truck will start decelerating. I will have to pull over and then resume driving... Has only happended twice on consecutive days. Ford tested system and no error codes or problem found...Has anyone else seen this issue?

thanks

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knowing if you have a 4x4 or not, I will ask so generic but important questions to isolate your issue.

Have you recently done a brake job or changed the front hubs?

The vehicle is a 4x4. Issue has happened twice. Local dealer Heritage Ford looked at it and said they could not duplicate nor find any error codes or faults. Seems to me if the car is braking on its own without the brake pedal being pushed it is somthing with the anitlock braking system.... The dealer wants to blame it on the tires being close to min spec but that should have nothing to do with the antilock breaks coming on on there own. Vehicle has 20k miles and no rotor or brake work done.

thanks