Any ideas for the piece of a trans in the 2007 ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brozovich

Reaction score
6 Times at Ford for flashes and the dont last more then 2 weeks. Contacted Ford and the are working on the problem but it seems to me it might be just a little more then a flash. Anyone have this problem and Ford replaced the tranny or computers or anything I can hit Ford with? Im at my wits end with this ST but I love it so much and dont want to do a lemon law on it. Shifts hard, only goes into OD when it wants to? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Since the last TSB mine has been acceptable. Shifts almost perfect. The only issue I have is that the acceleration is doggy some of the time but that could be the tranny shifting patterns. I can live with it the way it now runs. So far, so good!

Gary G:D

Mine is the same. Had the TSBs done and after about a month its back to doing its stuff again. I had it in last week and they told there is no other fixes yet. Acceptable is not good enough for me, after paying 40,000 Canadian for this vehicle the tranny should be perfect. Note the tranny is not the only problem, I have many others as I have mentioned befroe. If we had a lemon law here the Trac would have been gone a long time ago. Now that Ford has sold Jag and Landrover let's hope they start doing something positive with the products they have left.

Ok venting over. Have a good weekend.

I would ask for a new transmission and related controls. Something is obviously out of spec, just not enough to generate a code. I assume it's still under warranty?

I asked for a new tranny and they said no because there still in the process of coming up with a fix. Will be on the phone Monday morning talking to customer service again. She was pretty on top of it all when i contacted her.

Mine does shift excellent most times. As Gary stated its sometimes Doggy @ start up mostly when its a bit cold. Hope they can satisfy your concerns. All in all , Its a great little truck

Latest posts