Any Ideas?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Griffiths

Reaction score
I am having trouble fueling my ST. When I put in fuel it clicks off unless I go very very slowly. It is driving me NUTS! Tell me what to look for? :angry:

go to a different gas station. :D I seem to remember people having problems fueling up at certain gas stations. Also there are some hoses connect underneath and if they come off it causes problems with the fillup. Hopefully Todd Z will chime in...

Pull the nozzle back out about half an inch and it should be fine. It's getting vaporlocked.

Hey fellow Pa'er. Did it always do this? If so, then it could be a kink in the filler hose (from factory), if not you probably have a clogged breather tube (lets the air out of the tank when it's filling). The dealer could probably fix it for ya or you may be able to check it yourself. Here is a link for the same problem.;)

Look up in the wheel well on the same side as the filler. If you have a hose loose there, it belongs in a hole up above it in the bed. Mine was out and I couldnt put gas in very fast.

Mine does it as well, if I fill it very slow I can add another 5 or 6 gallons to get it up to the 23 gallons. I am looking into this as soon as I get a chance. It looks to me like the secondary hose is connected with a p trap in it. I am going to try and reattach it so it goes up more. I will post when I try it and get it fixed._Ron