Any interest in 07 modified Throttle bodies.. v6 and v8?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Just checking, because I see they sell 70MM ones for the mustang and explorer, but they are $400.00 average.

I am sure there are 06 explorers in the junk yards I can get some cores from....

Any interest ???

Thank you

Todd Z

I have to see what the core cost is....

Ford only gets $120.00 for a NEW one, and I could mod them....

Have to see what the used market is doing....

Todd Z

Count me in Todd,,,,,,,especially if it wouldn't mess with the warranty?? I have some concern in that regard, otherwise, I would really like to know what all of the advantages are to having this modified throttle body. Any info you can throw my way would be appreciated, because I am a newbie at any kind of engine mod, oh and I have the 4.6 V8,,,,,,,,,,,let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, it should be an easy install, few screws, unplug actuator, unhook intake (not all necessarily in that order) and swap it out. Might take you 20 minutes if you were taking your time. :)

what would it do for us?

performance or better gas mileage?

I would be interested as well. But I wonder if this mod would require any adjustments to the electronics? I have read that the new Stangs are very sensitive to even minor mods.

If he doesn't bore it, best you'll get is better throttle response. If it's bored, then you can see a performance increase.

I have pics of the v6 TB,

Can any one provide me with an outside and inside pic of the V8 throttle body ?

Thank you

Todd Z

Latest posts