ANY ISSUES WITH VEHICLE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HAVE AN 01 SPORT TRAC WITH 68,000 MILES AND MY CURRENT EXTENDED WARRANY EXPIRES 9/06. WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS HAD ANY BIG MONEY ISSUES WITH THE VEHICLE. I HAD TO HAVE MY REAR END REBUILT $1400.00 LATER AND IT WAS COVERED THANK GOODNESS. PLAN ON KEEPING THE TRUCK FOR A FEW MORE YEARS. THANX

many people have had trasmission issues which get pretty pricey. I haven't had any problems yet with 62000 on my 02.

many people have had trasmission issues which get pretty pricey. I haven't had any problems yet with 62000 on my 02.

55,000 miles on my '03 (knock on wood) no major problems. The only problems I have had were cosmetic and within the first 3 years of ownership and under warranty. Replaced the peeling radio bezel and replaced rusting bolts in the bed (battery acid will do that...). Other than that, proper maintenance and upkeep should keep her running for a long time to come.

102,000 w/o a dime in repairs.( not including normal wears items like tires and brakes) . change fluids.... keep on top of brakes. :cool:

If you plan on keeping the Trac a few more years and you have already had big-ticket repairs on the vehicle and it's been driven less than 12K/year (your about there), then I suggest getting the warranty...and I NEVER recommend warranties. I recommend it because you seem to already be having issues, and my experience is once they start, they continue. My ultimate recommendation would be to trade her in while all is good. But, if kieeping her, get a warranty from Rusty (anyone got the link handy?)...

TJR

2001 ST, 107K miles, and nothing but a battery, brakes, tires, DPFE sensor, and 90 degree elbow. I may do the timing chain and serpentine belt at some point within the next year.