any off-road issues with tt lift?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Morales

Reaction score
Have any of you guys had any issues with your tires rubbing or doing damage to anything while off-roading. I don't rail on my trac but I do like to bounce it around in the mud. I'm deciding wether to go with a tt lift or a body lift. Just kinda considering issues along with $$$ for both.

-Mike

I did the tt and sl on mine and I love it. I wish I had done the body lift just for the better ride cause it is stiffer on the TT. There are some rubbing isues but just minor.

Go with both! But in all seriousness the TT is a fine alternative to the BL as many on this site have it done. It does stiffen the ride a bit, but I prefer it more. Just don't go too high with the TT, and get an alignment after your done.

There where only 2 issues i believe here where the front axles where damaged because of the TT, but I believe they did go to high, or there was some type of accident..

Todd Z

No. No problems. Depending on the situation, go easy on the skinny pedal because of the increased halfshaft angle but that's more of a problem with big tires than a TT.

go for the body lift and TT/SL i have a new body lift for sale in swap and sell $235.00 shiped in the lower 48 us

I would really like to raise my 04 but dont really have the 4K I was told it would cost. Plus new tires. What is a tt lift? Any other suggestions?