Any plumbers out there...Just for Copper???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark B

Reaction score
Thanks to some industrious carpenter ants, I'm remodeling a kitchen and bathroom. I'm looking at re-routing some water pipes and came across a product for solderless connection of copper piping. It's called Just for Copper and it looks great on the web page but it seems almost too good to be true.

Anyone had experience with this stuff or heard good things about it?

I hear its really good stuff. especially for tight spots where the torch won't reach easily. Basically like JB weld.

I've never used it, but it doesn't take much room at all to solder it and there is allot to be said for the peace of mind that comes from using a proven method as opposed to worrying about a "new" type of repair.

I've sweat copper before but this time it's alot of connections and they're tight to wood framing and a fiberglass shower. JFC just looks simpler, like running PVC.

I had not heard of it before. I have always done the solder thing.

If it works as well as it is described though I would not be afraid of it.

If you do go with it please post your thoughts on it after you use it.

Looks like a good idea for tight spots

I was on a jobsite last week and the plumber was using a new type of copper fitting that had an "o" ring inside of it, and he used a pretty fancy hydraulic crimping tool on them. The house is worth over 3 million so I guess they are pretty confident with them.

Good luck if you use the new stuff.

Home Depot carries those fittings Gary D mentioned, made in China of course. Easy to identify since it's like having a ring around where you insert the pipe. Solder is inside that ring. Only a little bit more on the price but not much. Much easy to use, don't take much heat either to complete the sweating.

Regal One, The fittings I saw were solderless, just a rubber "o" ring inside. then crimped on the joint. I did see the ones you saw, also at home cheapo.

I have to go along with the majority of the opinions, that Soldering is the easiest and most reliable method for connecting copper pipes.

It may look intimidating, but once you do it, it's really pretty easy. The hardest part of plumbing is cutting and fitting the pipes. Glueing or soldering the pipes is the easy part.:D

...Rich

51725d1c8ea74b9e94d570d177c557e3.jpg

Future Plumber

:D

Last edited by a moderator: