any thoughts would be nice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill ray

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys thought of Dodge?? I was thinking about trading in the ST :( but I went to one of the more popular off road places today and they confirmed that the 07 WILL NOT have any kind of lift @ all...this shop is very reputable in my area and they just advised me that it will not happen kind of shot my day 2 hell. Honest thought on the dodge...dakota quad cab 4.7 l magnum v8 sweet ride...

Thanks,

Bill

My dakota took everything I threw at it. It was a 91 with the 5.2L, it was a beater but it ran great and still does (it's running around here somewhere) it just started nickle and diming me to dead with little hoses and parts rusting out. I spent the majority of its life on Michigan salted roads. I would buy another Dakota in a heartbeat, but I think I would rather have a 4 door F150.

JDBoxes,

Thanks for the in put..I was thinking the same thing bout the 150...i almost bought a 06 tacoma this eve...but turned the sales manager down..wow he threw everything @ me...was not very impressed with the ride...

Every Dodge the ex had, was good ones. Never a bit of trouble. His V8's got way better gas miledge than my Trac. If there were no F150's or Sport Tracs I'd go with Dodge. As for the lift shop, they are only one shop, Maybe it's because the want to only do the easy lifts and not take the extra time that would be needed because of the IRS. That's what they do, Not what they make. Sounds to me like They only want to customize what they can. Maybe the are not prepared to do a lift with this new Trac. As it would take a bit more effort. I was told it could be done, but would cost more and take more effort True IRS screws up doing a "normal/easier" lift. But it can be done. I bet the Lift kit companies have something in the works for the Newer Version of Sport trac. You could always email those companies direct and ASK them. Tell them what you want and ask them when they expect to come out with a kit for your truck.

I guarantee you if it can be done somebody is going to do it. Don't get discouraged. Heck take a look at the Tonka Trac. I was amazed at that lift. I'm sure others never dreamed of a lift and wheels like that on an ST and it is an early model, the point is: never say never.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick up an "Off Road Magazine there are plenty of vendors selling lift kits for other models. All depends if you want a truck the size of the Trac or not.

Off the top my head...

Nissan Frontier

Nissan Titan

Ford F-150 thru F-350

Ford Expedition

Chevy Silverado

Dodge Ram

Toyota Tundra

Toyot Tacoma

Your on a Ford site so everyone is going to think other brand/models are not that great.

I could be wrong, but I think the '07 Trac has basically the '02+ Explorer IFS/IRS chassis, so any lift for a late-model Explorer should work. Oh wait, there aren't any. :lol: