Anybody have a custom made dash kit for your stereo? Got pics?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Reaction score
I installed a din sized radio and plenty of extra space in the double din opening so I decided to use the space for some switches to control emergency lighting and off road lighting. This is my first attempt and I plan on making better but I was curious what the rest of you have done. How have you installed your din sized radios? Now I am not looking for pics of a din sized radio in a WalMart bought Schoche install kit, I am looking for custom set ups. Here's what I did,,,

[Broken External Image]:

Here's mine, it's a set of indicator lights for the switches on the center console. When nothing's turned on, it has a faint blue glow. (And yes, it WAS made out of a Walmart Schoche kit :D )

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
DUDE, YOU HAVE AN AMBER REAR WINDOW UP DOWN SWITCH!!

I have an amber 4WD switch, I thought it looked funny, but it's growing on me. Everything else is green, (had to change the lights in the headlamp and 4wd switch as they were burnt from the factory).

I kinda felt that if the cruise control light on the dash was green, and the cruise lights were green (had to replace those too), since the 4WD lights on the dash were amber, my 4WD switch should be amber. Plus it makes the 4WD stand out amongst the other instrumentation.

Thanks! The radio dash kit indicator panel was built out of spare parts around the house and incorperated it into the Schoche dash kit. It's plexiglass frosted with a dremel sander on the back side, then labeled with a regular label maker. I cut it exactly to the size and shape of the hole for the little tray, then it's held in with black silicone around the edges. Then there's 6 12V LEDs. 2 in the sides facing the center that are hooked up to the parking lights to give a faint blue glow, then the 4 indicators across the back. About the most it cost to do was about 12 bucks, mostly for the LEDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the center console...i know that doesnt come stock haha, how much you figure you got into that, sry bout all the questions i just looks pretty neat and im trying to see about how much a custom set up like that would cost me, thanks

To get an accurate price to build one, you'd have to talk to Ryan Eylander. He built that one for me for $350 painted, including parts and labor. And that one was more of a custom order for him, because of the switchpanel. We were still designing it when I shipped the console top to him. That's actually the 3rd one he's built so far. The touchscreen is a 7in Lilliput I picked up from digitalww.com for $325. They're down to $295 now. I got the console from a member here off the swap and sell board for $150. (I originally had the shorty console) Then there's a mini-ITX car pc behind my driver's seat that's hooked up to it.

Also, the red thing on my dash in place of the cigarette lighter is an engine start button. See my wrench. :)lol: had to throw that in)

Latest posts