Anybody have an extra trailer title???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mazz

Reaction score
Does anybody have an extra utility trailer title laying around and don't actually have the trailer? To save money and time it would be easier to buy it from someone. I am willing to pay a legal transfer and I'll even compensate you for the stamp if need be. Please let me know. I have just a 4'x8' open trailer I found in a field. Thanks

In Florida you can just go to the DMV and request a "home-built" title for the trailer. Not sure if PA does the same or not...

I did a home made registration on another trailer I flipped years ago, Pennsylvania does make things easy, and has 2 speeds, slow and stop. I was hoping to save some time and money as this trailer is also a flip project. By going that direction eats up my profit. As far as being illegal,..... Pennsylvania saved money years ago by eliminating the Department of Trailers and Fraud Investigations Unit. I checked on Craig's List but they all specify "Boat Trailer" which this is not. Thanks anyway.

big deal I live in Pa and for a trailer if you got a title from a third party trailer you prbly can just register it as a reconstructed title so I don't see illegal issues hell my truck is built from 3 trucks into 1

Reconstructed is too similar to home made as far as what the commonwealth wants me to do, again too much time and money. Just need to have paper on it. Easier to sell titled trailers.

LOL, actually yes, but I assure you I obtained it with permission. The more detailed story is a friend of mine bought a house that was in foreclosure, this trailer was in a field in the side yard. He didn't want to deal with it so he just gave it to me. I got in touch with the original owner of the trailer and like I said earlier, Pennsylvania would need him to request a duplicate title then do a transfer to me. Costs are too much and would eat my profit. All it needs is new lights and maybe paint, cost could be $25 and could sell it for $400 or $450.

WOW, that's cool! Too bad it's such a hassle but the price was right for sure. Hope you can find someone with a title because I could see where it would be easier and better $$$'s. Good luck!

Mazz how do you expect to sell the trailer legally if you do get a title from another trailer, you still need the vin plate to match or it's not legal even with a title.

I've been through the whole Pa. trailer title B.S. when I turned my parts truck into a trailer, I was one of the last hundred people to legally do the conversion legally in Pa..

Where are you in Pa? I have the trailer for sale for $600, you can part it out and make more the price from the bed, axle, cap and other stuff on it then you'll have the frame, title, vin plate and trailer plate.

Tried to post picture of the trailer but not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks toptobottom

Jerry, there are several options, but the common denominator is having that blue piece of paper. I'd rather not get into much detail, but police are not really cracking down on trailer vins to see if it matches the pink slip which nobody carries on them. Once a registration is obtained, there is really no worry after that.

Lets just say for now I am in Southeast Pa, try again with your pic of your trailer, or post in your pics. I'll take a look.

Latest posts