Anybody have the Elliptical crossbars???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am looking to get my brother a Snowboard rack for his Explorer Sport. He has the Stock crossbars and I am wondering about the attachment. What type of attachment do I need to buy. Do I get it from Yakima, or do I get it from Ford? I will probably buy a Yakima roof Rack, but have no idea how to mount it. I have the Yakima so I know how that goes. But I have no idea about the ellipticals.

Thanks,

Tommy

I have the ford cross bars and the yakima load warrior rack. The rack came with its own brackets that work just fine with the ford cross bars. (Man thats an old picture)

[Broken External Image]:

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the eliptical cross bars. I use Yakima Mighty mounts for it. Check the Yakima website for the right Mighty Mount number.

Tom

I got mine elliptical bars from yakima. The mount is called the lowrider. I also have the ski/snowboard holder that is called the lift ticket 6. This setup works great and I love it. You can also get locks for the mounts and the ski carrier so nothing gets stolen. I ordered all my stuff from REI when they were having a sale on all the yakima stuff.

Thanks Guys,

I have the Yakima myself and love it. My brother has the stock crossbars and am hoping to get the maounts for a Yakima Snowboard Rack. Thanks for the Mighty Mounts reference Caymen. I went to Yakima's website, and at $45 bucks for a set and then $119 for the snowboard Rack, I may have to get him something else for Christmas. (little pricey) Thanks Ryan for letting me know the mounts that come with it will work. I appreciate the advice guys.

Tommy

P.S. Adam, how do you like the Lift Ticket 6? I wanted the lift ticket but they didn't have it, so I went with the powderhound.