Anybody know about the future of the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Rodman

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and Im a big fan of the Sport Trac. I've got a 2007 limited, but I'm disappointed by the discontinuation. I was looking online because I heard some rumors about the sport trac being released again in the coming years. Nothing that I can find any confirmation on though. I stumbled onto this site and it seems like a lot of the fans on this site have some good info. If anybody could shed some light on whether or not they plan to make new sport tracs later on I would appreciate it.

Thanks very much!

First it will become a "classic" after 20 years. Then it will be an "antique" after 30 years. It can be registered as such, driven less than 3000 miles per year, to go to shows, parades and whatnot. Won't need insurance, except from Grundy for actual value. So don't hold your breath, you'll be dead before any new Sport Trac is made. RIP. Bob :angry:

If anybody could shed some light on whether or not they plan to make new sport tracs later on I would appreciate it.

Yes but the name has been changed to "Honda Ridgeline". :grin:

Take a look at the Ranger WildTrak, unfortunately not offered here in the USA. Very similiar in style, but diesel. nice interior too. Why ford would do that???

I will probably be moving to a Ridgeline myself this spring. I don't want a F150 and I'm not that excited about the new escape or explorer.

I agree, I don't see any ST in the Ridgeline.

It's a unibody design and not body-on-frame with a separate bed, but that's as close as anything that's out there now. Maybe a 4 door Chevy Colorado.

A 4 door F-150 would not fit in my garage, heck it wouldn't even fit in my driveway.