Anybody know anything about strobes?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out some way to put lights on the passenger visor mirror for my wife, and I found some little lights that looked to fit the bill perfectly. They are about 3 inches long, and flattened on one side for sticky tape. Unfortunately, my hope that the strobe function (flashing on and off) was optional doesn't seem to be true. Is it possible to leave out the strobe box and just run them as lights? Will they overheat or burn out too quick? Are they running at some odd voltage?

any1 have it in the new adrenaline, my bro had it in it 02, but then he got the 05 and the pioneer sub took the place where he had the computer. he has no other loacation to put it. i was tryn to tell him to put it in the glove. u guys have any other ideas?

If they are true strobes, you cannot run them as regular lights as they require a lot of power to charge and then set off the quick flash. If they are just regular (halogen or incandescent) lights with a flasher, you should be able to disable/bypass the flash unit and have them on constant.

Latest posts