Anyone elses vibrate?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Tabata

Reaction score
Wifes 05 ST 4X4 has a drivetrain vibration starting at 75mph and gets really bad at 80 and up. I am pretty sure it is the driveshaft (steel). My Mustang did the same thing and I replaced it with an aluminum. I have already had the Goodyears replaced at 100 miles due to tire shake and it is still there although not as bad. I will probably take it back in as this is primarily an interstate driver. Just wanted to know if it was common (driveshaft vibe).

My '03 4x4 Adrenaline still has a minor shake, even after getting the driveshaft replaced with the (free- TSB) aluminum one, and getting the tires rotated and balanced twice. I am hoping it is just the GoodCrap tires and that it will get better if/when they ever wear out and I can replace them with some proper and excellent BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/As.

How would i know if i quilify for the TSB on the aluminum driveshaft? i'm also getting a vibration on 80 pplus mph! ANy info? I have a 2002 4x2

I had my drive shaft replaced also due to the vibration at passing speeds...

But it is not completely gone.. I have noticed it goes away when I inflate the rear tires to 36-38 psi cold....

Dam Crapyears...

Todd Z

I've had this vibration in my 01 for a long time. I know there's a lot of posts about it on the older ST's, I can't believe it's still an issue on the new ones too. That's the only thing I dislike about my ST. I brought it in for this twice. The first time, they wouldn't do the TSB because they couldn't validate the vibration. The second time, the guy who wrote up my complaints noticed that my tires were cupped. So I took my ST elsewhere to get new shocks put on, and a front end alignment. But now that I have cupped tires, aside from getting new tires, I can't discount that my tires are causing the vibration. Except that I know I had the vibration both on the original Firestones, and when I replaced those recalled ones with Scorpions.

After replacing the drivesahft, and of course the GY's, put on Scorpions, still some vibration. Dealer discovered that one rear rotor was warped, because of a seized pad. Both rear rotors replaced.

Still.... some vibration, way less, but at 100KM/hour (60mph). Have noticed that the Pirelli Scorpions require more air pressure, will increase to 38-40 psi, cold. Has trailer package, heavier springs and stiffer ride than my '02. At this point it's not easily noticeable, but still there up to 140KM.

Any suggestions ?

Allen ('03 Trac):wub:

This is also my only complaint with the ST. At interstate speeds it vibrates from the tires and also the drivetrain. I am working with the service dept on the driveshaft and I have to live with the tires until they wear out. The service manager said he used to replace steel driveshafts on Rangers left and right with aluminum ones, but not many on the ST. He was surprised to hear me say the ST had a steel one. He is contacting Ford engineering today to get me a fix.

Latest posts