anyone had their sport tracs in the mud??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
so, we've had alot of rain here and my friends are taking their trucks mudding (nothing to hardcore though).mine is a 4x4. so, how did yours do??

Get ready, Ryan, to have this thread inundated with pictures. I think you will be impressed. A lot of the members have been 'muddin' with their tracs. lol :D

clogged three sensors, but I was going about 25 mph through 3 ft of mud. Had a blast though. 6 weeks later and I'm still finding mud on the trac.

[Broken External Image]:

-Heather in OC

mine does great pulled out 2 f250 4x4 this day i go slow through mud and water but i have the tires for it.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Just the aftermath. My work took me down plenty of muddy trails, the only time I was stuck is when I got caught in some ruts and sunk her up to the bumpers.

THe Trac does well in mud, but I recommend a little extra weight in the bed to reduce fish-tailing. I have Bridgestone Revos (not really mud tires) and it does just fine.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

2004 Sport Trac with Red cladding :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have bf goodrich long trails on now. there more like a all terrain though. bpoche, do you have a body lift? if so, where would you have someone pull you out from. i have the 3'' body on mine and i no longer have the front tow hooks!! i do have the tow hitch for the back though.

yes i do but it is in the box:lol: i pull from my hooks or from my reciever hitch with a shackle do not pull from bumper or from the leaf springs.

Heather, What did you finally find wrong on the ST after that, I either didn't see or you didn't say. Nelson, that red mud must be from south and west of OKC, My dad lives at Asher.

Actually, Lake Stanley Draper is in SE OKC. There aren't any lakes on the SW side of OKC other than a few small ponds.

Does this count? It's muddy water... and i have been in mud but only a few inches, enough to sling it everywhere. Pretty good for cross terrains though.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts