Anyone have a AVIC D1, D2 or D3 installed?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for some input on the units listed in the Title.

Want to buy one of them this week or next and wondering how you like it? Did it fit fine in your TRAC? and any issues you have had with the unit?

Any Pics would be sweet.

Main reason I want this unit is the price point is coming down and the XM add on unit.

Cheers

Whit

I have 2 AVIC D-2's (Sport Trac & Escalade) and an AVIC D-3. (Mustang)

I like the D-2's better, especially because you don't need to remove the navigation disc to play a CD in the D-2. Other than that, the multi color lighting display is pretty cool on the D-3, but it looks 'cheaper' than the D-2.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on getting a D3 also. It's a double din so it should be an easy swap. The prices are getting better and better on these. You can also get around the issue of Nav disc having to be inserted by installing a multi disc player. I have a 12 disc Pioneer already so I'm set with that.

The D3 can be had for around $650 now including shipping and the prices are still dropping. Check out AVIC411.COM

Kerry,

Did you install the D2 yourself? If so, do you have any thoughts on the Metra kit? I Dremeled out my old bezel tonight and attempted to test fit an old Pioneer FH-P404 Double DIN unit. The filler plate, which appears to slide over the unit to an extent, simply would not sit flush on the unit. As a result, the radio would sit deeper in the bezel than it should (as opposed to your D2, which sits out/beyond the filler plate (as it should).

Any ideas what's going on here? All I can think is that the FH-P404 is something like 2DIN.01, where the plate can't sit perfectly because it is ever-so-slightly larger than it should be.

I also would be inetersted to know if you had to modify the trim plate to make it fit and look proper. Heard they are alittle tight.

I am considering the D2 over the D3 as I don't want to be swapping Disks when ever I need change my destination..

Anyone tried the Remote that can be bought as an add on? Wondering if it works with the TRAC Steering Wheel?

Pioneer CD SR11 - remote control

Adam,

I was referring to the remote control unit. I have one for the D-3 in the Mustang. I don't think that it'll fit on the ST's steering wheel. I keep it in the console and use it as a 'passenger control', giving it to my girl when she's over in that seat. As far as the bezel goes, they had to trim it to fit. I had it installed at the shop where I bought it.

I just bought a D1 and a set of the 2007 Disks which makes it the D2!

Will post pics once its installed!

If anyone needs 2007 Disks let me know.

Got my D1 installed today and I freaking love this unit! Looks great in the Dash and the XM module that it has is GREAT! So happy to get rid of the XM unit I had in the lower Console!

I updated the system to a D2 with the Upgrade disks and has the 2007 Maps! I also noticed that the 2007 disk updated the XM channel Logos! SWEET!

If anyone needs update disks for the N1, N2, D1, D2 let me know I can get you a set! As I have the DVD image!

Cheers

Whit

Just an FYI the Disks that I can send you are the 70MTP and teh units it works with are listed below... I can send you East and West disks.. No looking to make a buck on this... Just cover my costs (DVD and Shipping).

CNDV-70MTP Upgrade Disks (2007 VERSION) Compatible with:

AVIC-N1, AVIC-N2, AVIC-N3

AVIC-D1, AVIC-D2

AVIC-88DVD, AVIC-80DVD, AVIC-90DVD, & AVIC-9DVD

(WILL NOT WORK ON THE AVIC-D3)

2007 Update – What will it do for you?

· Model Year 2007 Map Database

· 12 Million Points of Interest – (Gas, Hotels, Restaurants)