Anyone have a Honda Pilot?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Thinking of trading wife's Outback for a Pilot. The Touring 4x4 model sure is nice, and the price isn't too bad (if you can find one).

Anyone have any pros/cons about the Pilot?

Built in Alabama, if that matters! :banana:

our ass't cfo was looking at the pilot vs. the highlander.

for about the same price the highlander limited was the choice. he was not impressed with the pilot's interior.

you can always look at the new redesigned '10 4runner.

NICE :smile0015:

My wife has an '06 Pilot. It's a loaded 4x4.

It's a very nice driver and rides great. She has 80K on it and it's never been in the shop for repairs. Still has the factory tires!

She and her 3 girlfriends take a trip every summer. The wife's Pilot is the ride of choice.

Two friends of ours have bought one after riding in hers.

She didn't like the Highlander. "Jittery" ride and the options are all installed at port of entry. She said the seats weren't comfortable and entrance to the rear seat was a pain. The Pilot was a better buy and the service at the local Honda dealership runs circles around our Toyota/Ford dealer.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
the '10 highlander is now made in the states.

i forgot we had an 07 pilot in our fleet. i used it for a few days before lease turn in.

it had 97K and no issues as well.

imo, the pilot could use a nice facelift but that still that doesn't take away from the reliability & quality

It was redesigned in 09.

The new on is bigger and has a lot of the features that the older version didn't have.

I like the look a little better...more sporty.

I like the look of the newer Highlanders. At one time the two of them looked very similar. But now the Highlander is the sportier and sleeker of the two, IMO.

jerry,

aware of the change. still think it could use a facelift.

just as the new 4runner. the '10 4runner looks awesome. it was time for a change.

my only complaint was the lack of a V-8 even though the new V-6 has more HP then the previous V-8. toy should have dropped in the new 4.6L !!! maybe next year.

the new highlander limited is awesome. more crossover then truck.

We have an '06 2WD Pilot and have been very happy with it. Rides smooth on the highway and around town as well, good acceleration at all speeds, very comfortable interior and plenty of space for two adults, two kids (with carseats) and plenty of gear in back.

Haven't driven the new version, but if we were in the market I'd definitely check it out based on our experience with this one.

We have an '06 2WD Pilot and have been very happy with it. Rides smooth on the highway and around town as well, good acceleration at all speeds, very comfortable interior and plenty of space for two adults, two kids (with carseats) and plenty of gear in back.

Haven't driven the new version, but if we were in the market I'd definitely check it out based on our experience with this one.

We have a 2000 Explorer with 189,000 miles on it. Rides great, gets good gas mileage, looks great, and is cheap to operate...

Tom

Latest posts