Anyone know anything about Rusty?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
my cousin called Spartan Lincoln/Mercury to order a couple center caps for his mothers Grand Marquis. He called to speak to Rusty and the guy he spoke to was a real jerk. He was rude to my cousin and all, but said, Rusty was fired. He said that Rusty no longer worked there. When my cousin asked him does he know where Rusty is , the guy said he might be sitting on his @$$ at home.

Maybe Rich can look into this since he know where Rusty works, or used to work, at.

I told him to contact Torrie at fastpartsnetwork.com. I know Torrie should be able to help him out.

Anyone know Rusty personally?

I used to have his cell phone number, but I either lost it or he changed his number.

Anyone know what is up?

Tom

I just sent Rusty and email to his email address and it came back. Maybe he no longer works there.

Tom

I have purchased a few things from him in the past, and the service was very fast, or very slow, sometimes with no response at all.

Last time we spoke his family opened another dealership and he had to manage all 3 parts departments.

Todd Z

Thanks Rich. My cousin was upset at the attitude of the guy he spoke to at the dealership. He acted like Rusty was fired and from the times I have delt with Rusty, I could not imagine Rusty causing any of that. The guy my cousin spoke to told him they are not going to sell anything online or over the phone.

I hope the best for Rusty in his future endevors.

Tom

Well that explains why I never got a response to my emails when I asked them for prices of certain accessories and why my wife got no response to her several emails when she was shopping for my Christmas gifts.

firedog, Rusty was never very good at answering emails. If you placed an order, it would get filled and chances are no email response would be sent (at least that's what I recall often reading on the site).

Personally, I always called him and got everything taken care of that way and never had a problem like Caymen stated above. Rusty took very Very good care of us as a group and hooked us up personally (myself and at least one other member I can think of). His leaving is definately a loss to this site, but hopefully Torrie will step up, from some posts he is/has, and maybe Rusty come back as a different sponsor.

Lets all think for a second, we were buying parts a few dollars over cost with free shipping. I wonder what could have happened. Especially since they wont ship out of state anymore. Do you think that could have anything to do with it. DUH

What SST said. BOBNNEAL, shipping was RARELY free. I bought plenty from Rusty and never got free shipping. Moreover, the difference in price from Rusty wasn't always the BEST price as you imply.

O.K. So one of you gets it, TJR. Are you all saying that it's not even a possibility. Caymen siad the people he spoke with acted as if he was fired. Like I said before they won't sell sell or ship out of state and they told me they we're no longer affiliated with this website. Look at all the reply's in this thread, and think about the response you got when you called them.