Anyone on here have a Ruger LCP .380?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The feel between the two is like night and day. The action on the Kel-Tec feels sloppy and cheap. The LCP's action feels more solid.

I am not saying the two are differet, but the Kel-Tec feels like crap.

Tom

Well, the proof is in the pudding (shooting them). Once broken in with carry ammo and reliability established, I'd carry either one without hesitation. Of course, I'd rather carry a J frame. But for those days when it won't work, the P3AT goes in a pocket.

I completed my NRA training today. Ran 50 rounds through my Bersa Firestorm 380 today. Worked flawlessly.

I will keep that in mind when I decide to buy a tiny gun for the pocket. I am glad to hear they are almost identical.

On a side note, Theresa has discovered she enjoys shooting guns. She wants a .410 shotgun. I was thinking of a .410/.22 combo.

Tom

What does she want to do with a .410? Unless she wants to hunt, the .410 is kind of an odd duck for recreational shooting. Ammo is a bit pricey, unless you setup to reload.

If she wants to seriously move forward and develop her shooting skills...a rifle in 22LR and lots of Wally World 525 round value packs. And then off to the range with a stack of paper plates, tin cans, etc.

I'm partial to Marlins because they tend to be the most accurate out of the box, but a Rossi single shot (in combo with the 410 or 20ga barrel), a Ruger 10/22, Savage 64 or 93, Remington 597, Henry, Mossberg Plinkster, etc. are all great for building skill.

It's always fun to bring a trunk full of guns to the range for different shooting experiences, but truth be told, if all I can bring is a 22 rimfire rifle and a box of 525 rounds, I'm happy as a clam.

P.S. Dick's Sporting Goods has the Rossi 22LR/20ga combon on sale around here for $89 after rebate. My son Zachary has one for his squirrel rifle, and it's really quite a good setup. He doesn't shoot the 20ga much, but the 22LR has got great fiber optic sights on it, and is a lot of fun to shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want a real gun get a browning Highpower or a glock.

I have a Model 21 Glock .45 and did want to get e Glock for concealed carry. I found that even the small frame Glocks are still wide. That makes for a large imprint that's hard to hide.

I love my Glock. :cool:

What does she want to do with a .410? Unless she wants to hunt, the .410 is kind of an odd duck for recreational shooting. Ammo is a bit pricey, unless you setup to reload.

It is a stepping stone to the power of a 20 guage. A 12 guage is just too much for her. I figure a .410/.22 combo would be a nice be because I end up buying 2 guns for the price of one.

Tom

Latest posts