Anyone put a motorcycle in the back of there Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Maloney

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a Sport Trac and wondered if it's possible to put one or two motorcycles in the bed. Can it be done. I know the tailgate will be open and the rear will be out to the end of it. But, How's the stability of the rig with one 400# bike in the back or two????

Thanks for any info.

John

1 will be just fine, especially if you have the front wheel holder they sell at motorcycle shops, or make one your self... 2 may be pushing the envolope...

Todd Z

I've put my bike in the back on many occasions. (02 ducati 750ss)

It looks alittle silly with the tail hanging out a little, but as long as your wheelbase isn't REALLY ong (read: chopper) you should be OK.

A canyon dancer for the handlebars, some tie-downs, and you're good to go. Trac has really nice tie down points.

Just keep in mind the tailgate is the weak link.

I've seen a couple F-150 tailgates crinkle in half from back tire/shock bounce. These were from big bikes though. No way my HD could fit in the ST bed.

Many thanks for all the input and pictures.

To those of you that haul your toys.

What do you think about the stability of the Sport Trac with a full load so far up and back in the bed?

Again thanks for the responses.

John M.

My experience is that more weight in the back makes the Trac more stable. When I had over 900 lbs of bricks, or a half yard of dirt in the bed, the Trac rides and handles just about like a luxury car. The Trac has a truck suspension that deals with load weight very well.

I have had a Polaris 600 full size ATV in the bed of my ST, it made her sag somethin serious but she did it. also from cramming it in there width wise, it scuffed my bed, but it was alright...

I also used to transport my 05 GSXR 600 quite often... it hung out pretty far but like I said the ST got the job done.

Do it, I have 01, last aug I drove from Vancouver Island to Folsom Sackremento to pick up a BMW R100RT with tail gate down it fitted ok,the ride back to Can was far better with load,just remember to tape plastic to tail gate if not if you hit gravel on road it will sand blast the paint off