Anyone rolling on Goodyear Forteras?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
I'm planning ahead for tire replacement and have been checking out Tirerack.com. The Goodyear Fortera HL and Silent Armor are getting high marks there. I was wondering if any of you folks here have them? If so, how are they on the Trac?

Consumer Reports (or some other ragazine) really raved about Forteras.

They look pretty good to me. Our local GoodYear dealer must be proud of them too, based on the prices!

After the crappy RT/S, I'll never, ever buy another Goodyear tire. The OEM Crapyear RS/A's on my Toyota are pure junk as well. Hydroplane easily, noisy as hell on the highway, need constant rotating, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Darin. I have had several bad experiences with GoodCrap tires. Besides the terrible RT/S tires, my wife has a Liberty with SR/A tires that gets terrible traction in snow and hydroplanes. I had an Eclipse that had Invicta GL tires that were noisier than mudders.

I know Goodyear can make good tires. However, it pisses me that they are bordering unethical for also making such crap tires too. For that reason, I will probably put BF Goodrick Long Trail T/As on my Trac, even if they are giving away Forteras.

I have no problems with the G/Y tires on my Taurus... especially after the REALLY crappy Douglas tires that I first put on that car. Went out of round after about 1000 miles.... The RT/S tires I have on the ST are cupped badly, but I am just now able to afford replacements. Course, these have about 62K miles on them and could probably go another 10K miles....

I agree that the Goodyear RT/S tires that come on most Sport Trac's are terrible tires! However I have always had good luck with Goodyear tires. AFter the Firestone feasco back in 2000, I put Goodyear Wrangler RF/A's on my 2001 Sport Trac. The are Rotation Free tires with AquaTreads for wet weather traction. After 42K miles without a tire rotation, and no front end alignment, the tires looked brand new and never gave me any problems in wet weather driving including driving through the tailend of a hurricane at 70 MPH on the Interstates.

The real problem is that the vehicle manufacturers buy the cheapest tires they can get that meet the minimum specifications for that vehicle. If you look at the Traction and Temperature ratings of the tires on most new cars and trucks, they are some of the worst tires you can buy regadless of who's name is on the tire. I had Michlens on my new Honda Accord and they had poor wet weather traction, and poor wear and had to be replaced in less than 40k miles.

Everyone complains about Goodyear tires but I feel the same way about General tires. I have also had bad experiences with BF Goodridch, and Pirrelli tires.

...Rich

Latest posts