Anyone tried the Fram Boost Intake?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
Did a search and did not see that anyone has posted about this yet. While watching the Nextel open qualifying today I saw a commercial for this new intake system--- The Fram Boost Intake system. It has an oiless filter on it that is washable/reusable, and includes the untake tube. It is listed for the Sport Trac '01-'03 for $210 bucks. As much as I hate Fram, it looks like a pretty good kit at a decent price. If you read into it, they say that they use the "oiless filter" to keep the CEL from coming on from using an over-oiled filter. Kind of idiot proofed it I guess. The site even has a link to info on the Magnuson/Moss warranty act. There are some videos of some of the 400 winners of the system installing them and trying them out for the first time. There are even Dyno runs in pdf format on there. For the Sport Trac 4.0 motor it shows a gain of 13.6 hp at 5700 rpm, and 12.6 ft-lbs at 5500 rmp torque. Might be worth a try when the one for the '07 comes out (if...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, as I have stated before, you want to use an oil-less filter so that there is no bleed through on to the MAFS inturn getting incorrect reading to the computer. AEM also makes a filter that does not use any oil, and I would be more inclined to go with AEM but I already have a AirAid CAI.

I just purchased this intake the other day, though I have yet to receive it. I decided on this both out of need and looks. I've never had much luck with K&N, although that was on my stang.

I just purchased this intake the other day, though I have yet to receive it. I decided on this both out of need and looks. I've never had much luck with K&N, although that was on my stang.

Went to that site. No listing for Explorer Sport Trac (or even Explorer).

Latest posts