Are there any plug-n-play HIDs for '05 STs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big K

Reaction score
I bought a Chinese manufactured HID kit a while back, but it required extensive splicing and whatnot -- so I decided against installing it. Because HIDs some people love HIDs and some hate 'em, I was wondering if there are any plug-n-play HID kits for first gen Sport Trac's? I probably should have asked this before I bought the last kit, but now I'm working on doing more research before attempting it again.

Try the link below. I've ordered from them for the Trac ,Mustang and my Harley. I've had ZERO problems with their kits. The wiring is usually plug-in, only on the bike did I have to cut and solder in a "hot" line. They offer both the 35w and 55w HID lights. The 35w are good enough for the car and truck. On the bike I went with the 55w and man is it bright! Happy hunting, Bob

Big K,

I myself are about to purchase some HIDs as well. I've looked around all of eBay and have settled on these: item number # 280475699354

Don't be fooled by the ridiculously low price of them. My buddy who owns a 2009 Chevy Silverado Duramax has had them for awhile now and hasn't experienced any problems with the Xentec ballast.

I believe Aaron Johnston whose STA is Sport Trac of the Week used the Xentec 6000k HID kit. You could refer to him for questions.

Hey, It may seem complicated, but they send good directions. I mean, layout of the wiring is important, the digital ballasts are very thin and easily mountable. You really only have to connect a ground wire and the relay to the battery and put the plugs in the directed locations. Its not that hard! The truck took about a half hour to do, the bike took about an hour. They may seem a little pricey, ($161, which I paid, vs. $200+ is a bargain to me) but you get what you pay for! This is my 3rd set in the Sport Trac.l On the first two(two different manufacturers) I tried to save a little and had NOTHING but problems. This set works so well, that all 3 vehicles got them. All 8000K bulbs, 35watt in the car and truck and 55watt on the Harley. Good luck, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys don't happen to have a specific link, would you? I would like to make sure that I'm looking at the correct kit -- because I've found on some HID sites that the 9007 35w 6,000k HID kit isn't always the same as the others..