Are They GOOD ENOUGH!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
ST'er.... I am having a "newsed" tranny with 15,000 K on it installed in my 01' ST. Since this is a delicate issue (like heart surgery) I wanted to get some feedback because I trust your opinions out there in ST Land. I have the tranny, it looks good and all, but I hesitate to take it to just any tranny shop to install. If a shop has a lot of cars around, I will get cold feet when it comes to going there for obvious reasons, but I need to get rolling so I came here to ask for your opines and try to get a read on who will do it right. I live in Dallas Tx. (where the Cowboys didn't show for the game with the 'Skins last night!) and there are a number of places to go, but I'm not that eager to just let anyone do it. Anyone know where to get the right guys to do it? Thanks and Happy/Merry Christmas/Holidays to all!

I am no where near your area but you will find that most shops that specialize in trannys will normally do a good job. That plus the fact they have the equipment to plug into the system and pull the tranny information that will help them make any needed adjustments.

Fer, I thought about them along the way, have since narrowed it down to a local shop with credentials, and ALLSTATE Transmissions. Leaning toward the credential one, but just want it done right. All in all, I want everything hooked up that is supposed to be, and the OD light to go away after the install. I don't need anything unhooked just to have the light go away. Thanks for the tip... will keep you posted!

Ask around and find a good independent or find one in the yellow pages that has been around a number of years. DONT, use chains like Ammco or Allstate...They are only good for nationwide warranty...I have always got my best service from independents...