Arrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmodifier999 Boyles

Reaction score
Went to the local "mufler shop" to get some prices on duel exhaust. They say it cant be easily done because there is no room, unless i remove the spare tire(which i dont want to do). I want to have the pipe exit onthe side. I got to look under the trac while it was on the lift and it looks like there is plenty of room to do this. When i pointed this out they just stared and said the same thing "no room" I call B.S. If i had a pipe bender i would just do it myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on how it could be done? I dont want to buy an exhaust kit because i think i could do it cheaper myself. :angry:

try a different shop, preferably not a chain like

meineke or midas as running the cat back

duals is not a problem on the trac for a competant

pipe bender.

300.00 Installed

Flowmaster 40 series muffler w/ Magnaflow tips..

It can be done, and I even kept my running boards...

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a lot of interior noise with the exit under the cab? It looks cool.

If anyone else has pics of duels exiting on the passenger side i would like to see them. Maybe then i could explain better what i want!

Yeah i agree, i dont have exhaust work on my ST, but i do on my custom bagged Ranger, and i got exhaust installed and mine is ran under the 4 link, and between the fender and the tire. Now i had gotten my muffler and cat from Ebay, for bout 50 bucks each, and then had the shop get me stainless pipe and install for $120 bucks. I ran all magnaflow products. there is a lot of room under the ST compared to the ranger, for the fact of all the custom stuff, so id say, for them saying there wasnt enough room, they just didnt want to fool with bending any pipe. they just had pre-bent pipe, and that was what they planned to use. Go find another shop, some one will do it.

Cabin noise is not bad at all. When you roll that back window down you know its there though..

I have more pics if you need 'em modifier999.

You can also check out Jeff C's library. He's got some good pics in there...I actually took Jeff's pictures to my shop to make sure there weren't any issues..

Modifier, I had numerous places tell me the same thing when all I wanted was a single outlet run straight out the back. I finally found a place out in the middle of nowhere that said as soon as I said it "no problem". They charged me $45 for the pipe, and $30 for the labor. And that was them hooking everything up also. (muffler, tips and removal of OEM parts.);)