Assume the Position

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
I love my 07 V8 Sport Trac and wouldn't trade it for the V6, but $65 bucks today to fill her up.....OUCH!!

[Broken External Image]:

All - I will have these decals ready to go on Thursday. I'm having 100 printed up without the text and logos.

As I said before send me a self addressed stamped envelope and you can have them for the price of a stamp. I only received one so far.

I'm planning on putting one on every station I gas up at and take a picture. I want to see how long it takes before the employees notice it and remove it...LOL

At $6.50/gal, I regularly pay over $70 to fill my Mazda3 in Poland. My ST would have cost over $150 per fill-up. Be thankful gas is only $3/gal in the US.

Write your Congressmen and Senators and tell them to allow drilling for the stuff wherever it is found. When supply goes up, price goes down.

JohnnyO,

Everything I have read that the high prices are not so much because of crude supply, but moreso lack of refining capicity. So even if there were 100 million BBL's of oil waiting to be refined, they can not refine it fast enough to keep up with demand.

Tom

Tom brings up a good point, the part that will never change is how fast they refine it as they have total control over that part. As long as they can control the amount in stock virus the desire, they still win...

TomT is 100% correct. Until we lower our demand, the price will keep going up. This year, IIRC, demand is up 2% over last year.

Another thing to ponder is profit margin. For a company, the oil industry is making little profit per dollar invested. I think it is around 11%. A "healthy" company should be around 30%.

Companies like Exxon/Mobil make it up in volume. For an investor, that is not a company to invest in because of the low profit margin.

Tom

Another thing to ponder is profit margin. For a company, the oil industry is making little profit per dollar invested. I think it is around 11%. A "healthy" company should be around 30%.

Better go re-read the Basic Business textbook. Typical profit margins range from 3-5% for healthy companies.

Currently 30% is emerging technology, 10-15% well run, agree with Gavi, 5% average. Any less, invest in the bank.

Thank you Roger, edited (got a little over-zealous - my apology :eek: to all offended).

Part of the difference in percentage comes from the gross line item or the net item.

Secondly, companies alter production throughput by shutting down a production line and thereby creating a demand and allowing profit margins to go up. They also do the opposite by adding production lines to lower retail price to run competitors off. I have been a plant manager many years and I have seen it happen both ways by the corporate elite.

Have a great day

Latest posts