Attention Vets - SSN/DOB data stolen from VA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark B

Reaction score
Just saw this on the news. Social Security Numbers and Date of Birth info for around 26 million veterans since the Vietnam era has been stolen. A VA analyst took the data home without authorization and his home was burglarized (at least that's the official story). Unbelievable.

Keep an eye on your credit reports. I've never applied to see mine but it's time now.

Well, I might as well just post all my pertinent information right here and get it over with.... LOL

One day, there going to get it all anyways.

I think there is more to the story. Employee burns the info to a CD, takes it home and someone breaks into his house and some how thinks the CD has valuable data on it. Just doesn't sound right.

Sounds a little fishy to me! Maybe we should send the Special Forces to this house and intrrogate him! Maybe the GOVERNMENT DID IT! Then they could blackball all those Vets who have served their country so well. I am a veteran of the Viet Nam war.:eek:

Somehow I don't think the goverment would bother stealing their own information from themselves in an attempt to blackball us. I think if they really wanted to do it they'd just do it and skip the theft part.