ATTN: Chris

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Ventry

Reaction score
I just purchased a rear spoiler and will be tackling the project within the next couple of weeks. Where did you end up getting the thread setter?

Mark

I got it at a place here caleld Gregs Distributors.... It took a LOT of looking around for it here, and I live in a big canadian city... check around to a few auto body supply shops... thats what everyoen told me to do

EDIT: Just checked where you were.... I thought you may be closer, but it cost me $30CAN for a kit, ended up using the 'RIV NUTS' from the kit instead, worked perfectly.

I was calling it a threadsetter, but no one knew what it was... I was told other names for this tool are : RIV NUT SETTER, or... crap cant remember the other name, lol...

Hope this kinda helps....

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris - Thanks for the info. I had seen a "RIVET NUT SETTER" or something similiar at www.harborfreight (thanks Chris P.) which fortunately has a store here in Atlanta. Will be stopping by there on the way home and hopefully get this installed this weekend.

Any gotcha's that you ran across? The instructions look pretty straight forward. It just makes me nervous to drill through the roof. Mistakes would not be easily fixable.

Mark

Uhmmm.. not it was actually a 30 min install, by myself...

The tutorial says a couple hours, and need a partner.... didnt require those at all.

Just MAKE SURE the holes are in the right spots, and you're done. MAKE SURE ;) Its not a peice of wood you can fix and re-do, and once those rivnuts are in there, you arent getting them out without making a total mess.

You'll be ok, take your time ;)