Attn; Jeff C, Traction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Jeff there is a cheap way to stop traction problems and wheel hop, from axle wrapup. You can put an an adjustable pinion snuber on the frame just above the rear ends pinion housing. They make them for mustangs. It might be too short for the Trac. You might have to make one. For racing you set it close to the pinion housing. So when the axle starts to wrap up, it will hit the snuber and stop. Works just like traction bars. Might be easier than moding the RAS into traction bars. I made one for an '88 5.0L T-Bird I had. It definitly stoped wheel hop and axle wrap up on the track. With it being adjustable, you can find the right setting and take it off or raise it up for street driving.

Just a thought, hope it helps...:D

Hmmm. I'll mention this to Todd next time I talk to him. He also has problems. I know Wayne now has some slicks on Mustang rims that will fit...maybe I'll have to borrow them next time I'm up that way. I don't have all the connections that Wayne and Todd have, so it's easier for me to let them work on stuff, and then just buy it from Wayne, lol.

I'm gonna run a snubber on my project '66. Probably won't need it, but seeing the rear raise up during a launch instead of squatting down is enough for the time and effort.

Latest posts