ATTN JEFF C

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Big fan of your exhaust set up. Hoping you could help me out because I want to do exactly that. I have a flowmaster 40 series muffler single in single out on the stock pipe. Where did you get those tips? Any suggestions when telling the muffler shop what I want? AND/BUT what concerns me is how loud it is in the cab of your trac with the pipes coming out right next to your door. Thanks!

The tips were the ones the shop carried. They have a lifetime warranty, so I went with em. 12" long, slant cut, 3" diameter, stainless polished.

It is quite loud in the cab, but I attribute that to the fact that my only restriction is the 3rd catalytic converter, no pre-cats, no 4th cat, and no muffler. Another member here, griff5268 has a similar setup, but I believe he still has a muffler and what not. You may want to contact him on the noise.

The noise does not bother me, I drive everywhere with the windows down unless it's raining, whether it's 24 degrees or 97 degrees.

I told the shop I wanted "Lightning style" and the guy knew exactly what I meant and had it done in under 2 hours for a very good price.

Woppy I answered your email as well. Let me know if you need pics and I can crawl under there for ya.. Jeff did that for me and it was quite helpful to the guys at the shop.

Thanks Griff. I'm going to talk to the guys tommorrow or the next day. If they seem confused I might just take you up on that offer!