ATTN: lets help new member DENNIS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was reading the swap & sell and I saw a post by a newer member, Dennis, in which he asked for some cheap help for anything to help make his ST look a little better than what hes got.

Well, I was thinking...there are lots of very cheap and extremely easy mods that one can to do his/her track without the "crazy preggo wife" screaming at you for the bill or because of neglect to the family. ;)

Lets all put our heads together and think of some CHEAP/FREE projects that Dennis can do that wont take him too much time and that will give him a unique looking truck that he can be proud to drive and participate in our forum with.

My first for Dennis is to paint the cladding of his ST. I haven't seen any pictures but I can only imagine it is grey. Dennis, check out the project listings and you will find a whole whack load of things you can do. There are mods, such as a Torsion Twist & Shackle Lift, that wont cost you any more than $50 for parts (& if you do the TT $100 or so for the alignment).

Cmon guys, lets help him out after we made him to feel like crap

thanks guys....i just had to put on $460 tires,power steering pummp , fri breaks.... next weeks shocks....

tho...i did spind 30 bucks on the batman ford logos... i seen it on yyoutube. i think the guys on this site to.

sorry for ripping off your thing but i loved it great job.

You'll notice such an improvement after all that work though (especially the shocks..) You'll love the custom Ford logos. I myself have Brushed aluminum on the front logo, and Carbon fiber on the back one.. Make sure you follow the directions and use the soapwater..It will help keep those pesky bubbles out.. I learned the hard way when doing my 1ST Carbon fiber 3rd brake light cover..lol..notice I said first, had to re-do it. But looks good now.. Pics in my library if ya wanna see. I also had a custom Carbon fiber emblem made for the steering wheel (Not just a decal).. I need to dig around the garage but I'll see if I have anything laying around that you might be able to use.. Welcome to the site bud.

Dennis, I'm sure the owner of Bat Trac wouldn't mind at all. He is a member here. I believe he sold Bat trac ..but I can't remember ...maybe he didn't sell it.

I alway like watching that one video Boodros Mom did from that Natinal meet they went to. Very well put together! Somebody post it again! :)

pd: I need your address before I leave next month...Don't forget to email me that so I can get those floor mats to you!

Hey Dennis not sure if you have decided on shocks yet and already made a purchase, if not and you are considering Monroe or Rancho shocks they are still on the buy 3 get the fourth free sale rebate deal until the end of the month. I just ordered 4 Monroe Reflex and the total was about $180 and I will get around $40 of that back. I intend to try to install them myself, though I am not that mechanically inclined, it seems like a fairly easy project. If I change my mind a local shop will install them for me for about $75.

There are tons of places to order them from and other members may have other recommendations but just FYI I ordered from autobarn.com. I see right now autobarn is also offering $10 off a $135+ order, I priced out 4 Monroe shocks for a 2001 as that is what I see you have and it came to just over $175, minus the $10 would be $165, then around $40 back in the rebate and you end up with four shocks for $125 seems really good to me. Shipping is free. They may not be the best shocks out there but many members reccomend them.