ATTN: Todd Z !!! XCal question....again :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
Hey Todd, I found some XCalibrator 2's on eBay. They are programmed for a vehicles and all, but the descriptions state that the vehicle was flashed back to stock. That means the programmer is good to go and can reprogrammed for around $65 for the ST right? Thanks, DD ST

You mean for 300+ you get to use it for 6 months and then need to resubscribe.

Glad i didnt buy one,plus the Diablo chip I have in the Ranger now going

on 4 years with no problems.

The subscription is for any alterations to the tunes. You can switch between the tunes on it initially forever. If you do any major mods then it can be retuned specifically for it in the 6 month period. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this...I have the XCal II but never did the subscription, I have the tunes I need already on it.

Yes, But you can also clear it and do it your self for free using SCT's software, and then you just need to contact a tuner to get you a tune...

Todd Z

Todd, refer to my original thread on this post. I asked if the tuners I found are good to purchase and can be retuned and if what I need to do will cost $65 and not $150 or something like that to clear it then retune it, etc. I dont know..........Anyway, is this what I need if the vehicle it was purchased for has be tuned back to stock?

Dive,

Yes, IT must have been returned to stock for it to the cheaper reprogram price..

Todd Z

XST, Wait a minute there bud!

Chad- Do you still have everything that originally came with it.....cables, papers, box, etc? Also where are you located? Thanks for the post! -DD ST

Chad- Do you still have everything that originally came the tuner.....cables, papers, box, etc? Also where are you located? Thanks for the post! -DD ST