ATTN: Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Ok, so I dont know if you saw my post about my steering problems and pepboys. But I have been fighting with this is issue for almsot a week now. Past Friday, I was driving and went for a left turn and My steering wheel locked and I could not turn left, and had to swerve right. I just had work on the ball joints/C arms, at pepboys 2 weeks ago, so I had them tow it to there. They said they fixed it and I picked it up, and it still did it. So towed again. Said it was fixed again, but nope, so I took it back again today. Everytime they seemed to just re-align the ST, but not replace anything. SO, they said they will look for sure this time and see if any defects. but I looked on here and saw this post. http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=815448&REPLYCOUNT=6&sitename=mysporttrac&LAST=2/25/2006_10:11:41_PM .... when you mention it "locks", is it what mine was doing? or is my situation a little different?? thanks in advanced. If anyone else can help, thanks also.

Boodro

Last edited by a moderator:
Boodro,

Only on left turns, never rights???

The locks are only when you turn fully right or left, and they will only make a grinding noise, not cause the steering wheel to lock up...

IF they installed a bad ball joint it can cause that, OR they damaged a line on the rack and pinion, pinched it, or something to that effect...

The other thing is depending how bad the front end was, IT could have worn the rack and now you have a sticky spot....

Is your P/S fluid a nice red color???

Todd Z

Latest posts