Attn: WFoy - Why ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is Daeron related to WFoy? If he is WFoy's apprentice, WFoy should at least introduce him. I ask, since Daeron is in Arkansas and WFoy is in Georgia. I am like many of the others -- how much time does it actually take to respond to a simple e-mail? 5 minutes...10 minutes? I wouldn't give Daeron any personal info such as a credit card number until his relationship with WFoy is clarified.

I was ready to buy my XCAL2 right after the meet, and WFoy asked me to e-mail him with details. I sent him an e-mail with my questions and what I wanted. I received a generic reply meant for numerous people, which didn't answer my questions. He wouldn't even quote us a price and didn't answer my question about whether Paypal was accepted.

Like Deryck stated, I can go some place locally, but I wanted to support a site sponsor. With all of these negative posts, and a sponsor unable to even answer simple questions from a motivated buyer, my purchase is on hold indefinitely until I find a local store to get the product and service I want.

Make sure he is not on your spam list. He said he responded to all e-mails he received. Frankly, I've only seen negative posts from 3-4 people. I've seen positive posts from hundreds.

Nelson, bottom of the home page at www.hypillauto.com, the site sponsor's link. "Hypnotic Illusions Happily Accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal. All prices are listed on the site.

First off, I've been a customer of HIA since early last year. Since then, I have made numerous trips out to GA, both business and non. I can just as easily claim OK and AK as home, beings my in-laws are in OK (and we spend a lot of time there, just south of Tulsa), and I'm originally from AK (really long story that I'd rather not get into at the current moment).

I am currently an administrator on his site forums, which can easily be verified.

I do not deal with any of the money stuff at all. Please don't send me credit card information, I don't want that stuff.

I'm here to help get problems resolved. I think I got Terry fixed up in about an hour and a half of emails back and forth. I am more then willing to do the same for anyone that has a problem. My only request is don't be a butthead about the whole thing. I'm doing this on my own time. I am not an employee of HIA, so please respect my efforts (trust me, I'm a nice guy, but have no probs telling you to get bent if you are being hateful).

Now everyone is probably asking why am I doing this...my intentions for all of this are in order to help a close friend so that he can continue to try and get his business to grow to a point where he can actually hire someone to do all this (or hire someone to take care of other stuff freeing him up to do all of this).

And for those wondering what I drive, I have an 03 SVT Focus and an 04 Cobra. :)

Stop complaining everyone. HELP has arrived :D

I am the one that started this about 3 weeks ago. A weekly post about not receiving any feedbak from Wayne. Complaints were added each week to my post.

Dearon is here to help. Now I know it is to help a friend. It appears Wayne has a TRUE friend. On a Sunday no less. Let him do this -- he asks real questions that only pertain to the XCal2.

Thanks Dearon for the help ------ also TELL the ones that are hateful to get BENT !!!!

I do not know him or ever talked to him before -- but he asked and I replied to his exact questions -- he took care of me.

Terry

ps - I, at times, wish I had a friend like this. Thanks, Dearon, and I am sure Wayne THANKS YOU !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another happy customer signing in to say thanks to Daeron. I didn't try to contact Wayne because I had no problem being patient since he was swamped, but my email to Daeron regarding a previous discussion with Wayne was immediately replied to. Thanks again for the help!

Terry, I am very glad that you have been able to finally get your issue attended too. I basically just noted the number of posts you'd made regarding the difficulty in reaching WFoy and until yesterday, never posted a response other than trying the SCT's website.

I've only been a member here since January and I took the suggestions posted by others on getting an Xcal2 from WFoy. He promptly answered my request and I'm happy with it. No doubt the best single mod I've done. Took my ST to be dyno with some other mods and the guy there was blown away with WFoy's tuning, said not very many folks could have tuned it w/o the vehicle there that well. So, all in all I'm satisfied with this mod.

Now, on the other hand, because I nor any other dealer can make adjustments w/o my laying more money out I've got to depend on the guy I originally purchased from to answer any questions regarding tuning changes. I recognize that this is a home based business, for the most part, so I'm not sure what the best time to contact him is. He has rarely posted responses or started threads on this site since I've been here and considering that he has garnered a good amount of recommendations from the members here, including myself, it makes communicating with him that much harder.

I'm just on the fence with continuing to support a site sponsor that you can't readily reach when you have a question or need service. I guess I would say that if you want the Xcal2 get it from WFoy but, be patient because follow up service after the sale may take some time. Thanks for the info on downloading the livelink, I had liveload sent with the new tune. Still haven't be able to get it on the Xcal however. Pretty much don't feel up to spending an enormous amount of time trying to figure it out so, I've got the tune saved on my PC and perhaps 1 day I'll get around to it.

My hope is that they'll check in here every so often to answer any questions that we may have.

D-

Ok I'm, willing to give it a shot- Here's my problem- After I installed the 87 tune, the ST had a delay in throttle response, or some type of hesitation. I would step on the gas and it would barely move for about 3 to 4 seconds and then violently jump and take off. I tried uninstalling it and installing it again with the same results. The 93 tune works fine, I'm satisfied with it all though today it seemed slightly hesitant as well. But the 87 tune is definately screwed up. I emailed Wayne about this and he said he would email me a new tune in a few days.That was on June 2nd. I have sent repeated emails and left messages on the phone also. On a side note he said he would look into disabling traction control through Xcal but I have already done that myslef by unpluging the ABS sensor on the rear wheels. If it could be done with Xcal, that would help. I am going outside right now to get the PCM code and I will email it to you.

well now I'm really screwed. The PCM code says NPR4 but some one drew a line with a marker through the "4" and made it a "1". My ST was at the dealer last week, is it possible they changed it? Does it make any differance?

It is possible they changed it, maybe they had to reflash the PCM with an update from Ford. It will make a difference.

Would there be a record of them changing it? I'm afraid to call an ask because it will open up a whole can of worms because the'll want to know why I need to know. Who knows what the dealer does when they have your car. I think they put an FBI listening device in my glove box!!!!! Just kidding.

Check your email NYJohn (there's a way to check to see if they changed something on you).

For those that want to know how to do that, using your XCal2, you can read the strategy of the PCM (it's a menu option, just cycle through for it)...that code can then be checked by Wayne against the PCM codes for the vehicle to see which PCM code that strategy is for :)

And it wouldn't be the first time that the dealer has done that to someone's vehicle...just remember to flash your vehicle to stock before you take it in for ANYTHING, even if it is not related to the PCM or engine system.

Ok, I am going to address these one at a time:

Terry, I have sent you emails sir. Make sure I am not blocked or in your spam filter. I have sent you emails from the @hypillauto.com and my aol.com addresses.

Chris,

Myself, and Clay/Dave at Random Technologies have tried to deal with you on this. That is a custom part, made to each order. Dave has offered to send you a return tag to get the exhaust back from you so they can make it right. Warranty for their products is handled through Random Technologies, as they specify in the warranty card in the package with the hardware sir. At this point, you should be dealing with them on it.

Deryck,

I sent you the tune file with the links for the software, and links to the "how to" on how to do it. If you would like, please send me your number and I will call you and walk you through the process over the phone. If it is an issue with the recognition of the Xcal2 or of your PC/Laptop not loading the drivers, that is an issue that you should call SCT with.

Mud Flap/stonemeiser,

I have been a site sponsor on here for over 2 years with pretty much flawless customer feedback. I have been slammed this season, as I am a one man operation. Anyone who has gotten through to me, gets the same attention and quality that I am well known for.

Thus this is one of the reasons that Keith (Daeron) is assisting. He is a good customer, friend, and admin for me on my website. He is very trustworthy and will assist me in keeping contact when I cant do it myself.

NYJohn/DaveG

Please send me an email with your Full name, PCM code, and issues you are having with the tuning. Be as specific as possible. Send them to the following email address:

[email protected]

Wayne ---

My only question in this whole thing is why do you sponsor a site if you don't frequently visit? Obviously these people are not the first to have communication problems with your business. It's gonna hurt your image if post like these keep popping up with such a delayed response from you.

But whatever, maybe I see customer service in a different light.

Maybe this is an expectations issue?

How about this...

To those that have bought from Wayne, were you expecting "more" in terms of responsiveness and customer service? If so, please, politely state what your expectations were. Then, Wayne and others can better understand what it is that some are expecting, and Wayne can potentially make a public statement as to whether or not he has or even can commit to such a level of service.

I don't want to start a peeing contest, but clearly there sounds like an expectations misalignment here, and the best way to clear that up is put the cards on the table.

TJR

WFoy, no disrespect intended. I only said what I did because I saw the same thing from CWells awhile back. When I started here he was posting on just about EVERY post asking questions about a speaker box and it was within a half hour of the posting. Then it got less and less frequent. Now we have JDBoxes doing it. I'm not saying they need to get rid of you as a sponsor. With all the praise you get on here from everyone that gets an XCal from you, it wounldn't be a good idea. (in my opinion) You know the ST inside and out as far as tunes go. I applaude you for that. You need to frequent the site alittle more to answer the questions that arrise is all I'm saying. It took Daeron this long to even post that he knows how to fix the problem. Good luck and again, if I offended you I am sorry WFoy.;)

So, stonemiser,

- Your expectation is that Wayne visit this site and use it as a support center for his product, is that what you are saying?

If so, how often should he visit (times per week)?

TJR

Mr. Foy is running a business that has it's own web site. That is where people should go to communicate with Mr. Foy. This web site is for the exchange of ideas and the entertainment of those who enjoy reading the posts. I bought an Xcal 2 from Wayne and received superb service. Now for those of you who are ignorant of queueing theory, be advised that it is impossible for Wayne to service more than one customer at a time. He takes care of one issue then goes on to the next one. Now if he has 50 issues waiting in line, and you are number 45, and he can only resolve 10 each day, then you just might have to wait 4.5 days before you hear from him. Too bad. Be an adult and be patient. Before you get too carried away with criticism on this site, try running your own business first and see what it's like. If you think you can do better, then become Wayne's competitor and show the rest of the world how it should be done.

Latest posts