Attn: WFoy - Why ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYJOHN .. Ford does have a TSB out on the throttle issue with the 07 ST and dealers are automatically updating the trucks computers, I guaranty they updated yours with a new code...

Another note,

Does any one remember Rusty and Explorer Express... They NEVER visit this site any more because their business needs them elsewhere.. They still sponsor the site , get recommendations and business from us....

I think people are looking for that 1-1 customer service, But when a 1 man operation gets larger, that dwindels... Now could he have a sales person or a rep , yes, But that costs money that may not be available... the other larger sponsors don't have that, and still get our business....

I know Wayne will get 100% my vote and my business and recommendations, He has never steered me wrong.....

Todd Z

I have been covered up with local customers and working on getting financing to get into my full blown shop with dyno facilities and equipment. That has been a nightmare on its own, with my purchasing a house a year ago, and an 8 mo old that we are still paying hospital bills on. Even though my business is thriving, they look at total debt first, income second, so that has been a hassle.

For those of you who are waiting for responses from me, I will try to get all the emails and issues addressed by Weds. I have a couple of customers I am meeting at the dyno at 1:00, and that should take 3-4 hours to get them tuned and get back to the office.

I will visit the site 2-3 times a week as time allows. Sorry if I you guys think I am slacking, but I am working as hard as I can to make EVERYONE happy. I sponsor on 5 different sites, and have my local customer base to take care of as well. I am not neglecting anyone, just take them as Bill E stated, as they come in.

TJR, no need for me to reply with how often he should visit.. I have no business with WFoy. I have just had the same problems with other internet sellers and can relate to the PREVIOUS numerous posts from people trying to get ahold of WFoy to find things out. I was only trying to give a solution to the problem. That was all. I will keep my mouth shut from now on. Sorry to offend anyone. My bad.;)

Stone, I wasn't offended, I was just trying to arbitrate a little. Mud Flap recognized that maybe there was a difference in understanding on what service level Wayne should be providing via this site. Since, Wayne stated a service level.

I just thought that maybe people had a different viewpoint on the service level. The easiest way to dissatisfy customers is to not understand their expectations and the easiest way to be a dissatisfied customer is to have excessive expectations.

TJR

Jeez a TSB on a 2007 already?? I'm trying to understand this - would they just update my existing codes or change them completely? Originally the label said NPR4 now it was NPR1 so I'm guessing it was changed and not just updated.

Those 2 PCM codes may be in the same table, so it may be a non-issue for you. Just to be on the safe side though, send either me or Wayne the strategy from the Xcal2 for your ST with the thought in mind that it may require you hooking it up through your laptop and getting the strategy from the Live Link software (the XCal2 likes to lop off a few characters from the strategy for some reason, but the full strategy is available via the Live Link software).

At Louisville Ford told us they had the TSB out on a problem with the 07 ST. Any time the dealer crosses out the PCM code and changes it, this means some one changed it..

NOW the NPR4 may be a wrong code and the NPR1 is the correct one. The sticker could have just been wrong.....

Let Daeron look into it for you.. IT could be something simple or something serious...

Todd Z

Wayne ---

My only question in this whole thing is why do you sponsor a site if you don't frequently visit? Obviously these people are not the first to have communication problems with your business. It's gonna hurt your image if post like these keep popping up with such a delayed response from you.

But whatever, maybe I see customer service in a different light.

I'm a site sponsor as well and I sponsor several other sites. I wish I could spend a lot of time on all the forums I sponsor but I can't as I probably wouldn't get any work done. Keep in mind I also have several local accounts as well that I have to service. Wayne is probably in the same situation as well especially when your on-site at a customers location your not going to be able to answer emails or the office phone. And, if I had the office phone forwarded to my cell, my local customers would probably tell me to turn it off and work on their projects...LOL I respond quicker to emails and phone calls than a posted thread. Just my 2 cents.

SST,

I'm not asking Wayne to always be here, but hell, if your going to use this site to drum up business, you should at least stay in connection with it often.

Still waiting. After a week's worth of e-mails from Daeron promising an actual working 87 octane tune, I'm still sitting here twidling my thumbs waiting. This is really stupid now.

Latest posts