ATV IN THE BACK

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKE V

Reaction score
Does anyone know if an ATV will fit in the bed of the Trac? I'm looking to purchase one and before I buy a trailer it would be good to know if I can just make ramps and drive it onto the bed.

Hi Mike, I just had my friends Suzuki in the back. The back tires were sitting on the tailgate and the extender would not have fit. I believe his quad is a 400cc.

If you have a decent amount of gear to take with you, I don't think putting the quad in the back would work out for you. I race motocross and use a trailer so I can load all my gear and supplies in the bed.

Marc

I have seen many pics with ATVs in the bed. Pretty tight fit though.

I actually just made an offer on an ATV yesterday.

Trac N Tennessee

I've hauled a 125cc in my ST and I've seen others w/ bigger ones . Back wheels rest on tailgate.

The consensus last time this came up was that you could haul as big a ATV as you can fit back there.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Bayou 220 fits back there just fine. The bed extender just fits behind the back tires. Sorry I don't have pictures, though. Make sure you use tie straps in both directions so you don't crack the front of the bed. What I mean is tie the front of the ATV to the hook at the back of the bed to keep the ATV from pushing against the front of the bed, and then tie the back of the ATV to the hook in the front of the bed to keep it from falling out!

There may be ATVs that won't fit. You should probably try one out for size before you buy it just to make sure.

I have a little 2 seat off road buggie that I can fit back there. There is a picture of it in My Library.

I back it up a pair of ramps onto a platform that sits on top of the wheel wells and the front tires sit at he back edge of the tailgate. Then off we go.

I had a 04 YFZ 450 that fit on my ST. It was 50" on the front and would sit on top of the finder wells. The rear would sit on the tail gate at 48". The 400EX I had would just fit between the finder wells. If you get a quad that wide, You may want to take off the bed extender bolts. They would catch on the front rims.

Billy

Load it up. It'll fit. My Preadator is 48 inches wide. I had to life the front wheels over the wheel wells but it worked.[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts