Audio help needed...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
Ok so here goes...

My Stereo system has been acting up today. The sub will not come on at low volume.. it makes a crackle.. when you turn it up, it comes on and sounds great. I thought the sub might be blown but it sounds great and plays well when turned up.. I'm stumped.:huh: At low volume i've just got my front speakers (They sound normal).. It's like it's not getting enough juice to the sub only.. I checked all the wiring and see no loose wires. I'm taking it into the shop tomorrow but wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks in advance for any help..

Are you using RCA outputs from the radio? (I can't remember if you have an aftermarket headunit)

Pioneers are known for RCA's going out. It's possible that at the low voltage (low volume) it isn't outputting correctly.

If it's not that I'd go straight for the amp.

They patched in with a Hi/low converter for the pre-amps (RCA'S)... They actually spliced it into my Ford factory amp for the factory sub... I'm hopin it's not the amp... Can't believe it is considering it works perfect at high volume.. I'm seriously stumped on this one...