Audiocontrol LC7 Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Just ordered an Audiocontrol LC7 unit, and I am just wondering (for planning) what wiring I need to run to this unit... I need all the speaker leads? What about the factory sub, how does that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any info on which leads are which?

What is the best way also to run the new wire into the doors... I know on the 01 it was a nightmare and ended up just drilling holes and running them through...

Tap them behind the radio, run to the LC7, and then run the wires from the amp back to behind the radio.

Okay Ill give it a shot.. that was good advise. To run from the back of the deck, to uinder the seat to the back of the deck to the factory leads... Never thought of doing it that way. Save a ton of time too.

Thanks

It feels 20ish. I never actually measured. The Speedwire is perfectly adequate for what you're doing, though. I'm running it to Boston SL80s in my doors, and many members on here have heard mine and can verify that it can actually be painful.

I used speedwire in my truck too, I'm running 50 watts to each door speaker from an alpine amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno. I have whole rolls of the 5 and 9 conductor, but I buy it wholesale. Also... Anything above the SL80s will go unnoticed in that truck.

I've tried... If I can get 50' off the 100' i'd do that, but if the 100' is all you can do thats fine too.

Can you just let me know what the total cost would be to this location?

Calgary, Alberta

T2A 2S7

Canada

Thank you.

I needed 18. One run from back of head unit to under passenger's side seat, and one from amp on back wall to head unit.