Auto Headlamps

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2002 Job 2 was the first model to come with auto headlights and the electrochromic mirror.

Sorry, my mistake. Dang it, I was feeling smart, but wrong again.

OK.....here is a question about the above. I have an 03 ST XLT and I have the automatic mirror. How would I have the lights on during the day (besides turning on the switch)? Put tape over the sensor part to make it look like it was night? Any ideas? :unsure:

Dave - you should be able to buy a DRL module from the dealer. I believe you just have to plug it in.

Dave, just so you know, DRL - Daytime Running Lights

I have auto headlights on my 01 ST but it stops working. Anyone know what is wrong with it?

2001 ST's never came with Autoheadlights. That is why they aren't working.

On a serious note, if you do have autoheadlights, they are not factory.

Tom

My 04 had auto headlamps factory but without the electrochromic mirror. The sensor was on the dash in front of the driver - a smoked dome about an inch round. The autolamp on feature was part of the light switch that had four positions - off, side markers, headlamps and auto.

grump

I have the Auto-headlights with the electro-dimming rearview mirror. Mine is an 2003 XLT-Premium with only the Cargo Cage as an additional option.

I have the upper an lower consoles, power drivers seat, and step bars

If it gets too dark before your auto-headlights turn on, you can tape a piece of dark window tint over the sensor on the back of the mirror. That worked perfectly for me.

If you use a piece that is too dark or to layers you will notice that your mirror dims during the day?? I think there must be some comparison of the light coming from the front sensor and the light hitting the rear sensor. If the front is too dark it thinks it's night time and the sunlight from the rear makes it think there is a vehicle behind you with bright headlights....Just what it's supposed to do.

...Rich