Auto Ventshade Bugflector II Installation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Millsap

Reaction score
Here is a shot of what is included in the box: Bugflector II, 2 alcohol prep pads, 4 metal screws, 4 rubber bumpers, and instructions.

bugflec1.jpg

I started by using a towel with soap and water to clean the underside of the hood. I then dried the cleaned area with a dry towel. I used the 2 alcohol prep pads to finish cleaning the underside of the hood. Once this is complete, I checked the fit of the Bugflector and figured out where it should be placed. I had my wife help me with this part because you really need a couple of extra hands. Once I got it where it needed to go, I began removing the plastic adhesive covering. I then stuck the Bugflector II to the hood.

bugflec2.jpg

I did use the optional screws to mount the Bugflector II. I used a small center punch to start the holes for the screws. I was a little nervous doing this. I kept checking to make sure I didn't go through the hood with the screws. The final step was to close the hood and add the clear rubber bumpers to underside of the Bugflector. This is to protect the hood from contact with the Bugflector. Below are pictures of the Bugflector II and the screw locations.

bugflec6.jpg

bugflec4.jpg

bugflec5.jpg

Installation complete. I rate this one as a 2 wrench installation just
because it was a little tedious and nerve racking.

bugflec3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts