Auxiliary Jack Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
I bought my '07 dark stone 4x4 V8 Limited on Sept 1. I guess mine is a Job 1, because it did not have the auxiliary jack. It wasn't a big deal at the time, but now I think I want it. I asked my salesman the other day, and he wasn't sure if it can be installed. Has anyone tried to get this done?

i do know that Peripheral Electronics makes an AUX input for your vehicle that plugs into the back of the radio and gives you a set of RCA's for input to the radio Via the AUX button. if you wanted to you could take a 3.5 mm female jack and mount it in the center console and get and RCA to 3.5mm adaoter cable. you will have the same functions as factory.

now if your looking for an iPod adapter they also offer an ipod adapter for the Trac that has full text display and browsing through the radio Via SAT. if you have a SAT tuner this will not work. if you need more info email me ill be happy to explain it to you.

Thanks for the info MPTony. I do have Sirius satellite (for 6-months), and I'll probably keep it. I may just hold out until Ford makes that iPod adapter for the ST. I'm going to get the Ford iPod adapter for my '06 Mustang GT. Thanks again . . .

Does anyone know how much the iPod attachment hardware is from Peripheral Electronics for the '07 6 disc radio unit?

I have a car stereo place right next door and migh drop by there today depending on how much this costs. I have the radio transmitter right now, but would love to have it hardwired.

Thanks,

Greg