average mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Colvin

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 ST limited 4.6l what do you guys get for gas mileage on average so i know what i'm in for. will it be an improvement from my 2006 trailblazer SS

Currently averaging 18 for the life of the vehicle (9200 miles). Lots of stop and go in that. It will get ~21 on the hwy.

MPG don't get me started. I get 14.5(trip computer says 15.8) all in town, 2008 4.0 4x2. Goes down to 12.5 when I pull my trailer with the quads and gear loaded.

I drive several times a year to see my family in PA and average almost 20 mpg. City driving gets me somewhere in the 16.5 mpg range. Verrry respectible for a V8 IMHO.

My driving habits have somewhat calmed down in the last few years also...I think a light foot can make difference...That and I got tired of paying for tickets :p .

Cheers,

-JasonK

I get 12-13 MPG in the city, and 19-21 on the highway depending on the speed. Vehicle average for 11K is 16.6. I don't "baby it" but also don't floor it at every stoplight. I am not dissatisfied with the mileage, but obviously wish it was better, especially on the highway. If I keep it around 60 MPH the mileage seems the best , but I don't like driving that speed ( and neither do the other drivers!).

I'm getting appx the same mileage as Crash. Not too bad for a V8. For long highway-only trips, I can get it up to around 23-24mpg with easing up to 65-70 mph and cruise control on. No mountains/hills (going thru central valley Calif) . . .

My '07 4.0 4x2 is getting about 17 mpg on my 20+ mile commute to work, a mixture of interstate and side street driving. Before my office moved a couple of weeks ago I was getting around 15 mpg just small town driving on my 6 mile commute. My office had to go and move across town!!!!!!! Guess I should be happy I just have a good job! Though I didn't get a raise for the $100 a month more I am spending in gas now!

I have yet to drive it long distance, but will be making a couple of trips this summer. Interested in seeing what my mileage will be??

You can also create a MPG log on the site and view it here....

you can also search the MPG logs as well....

Plus I heard that a TB may increase your MPG.... LOL... Shameless plug....

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/mpg.asp?PageHeader=MPG%20Log&PageTitle=

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly;

Own the same vehicle. About 18 mpg around town. About 21 mpg highway and around (35 mile commute, most is interstate).

As others (Crash) stated, about 60-65 mph on cruise yields significant better mpg than 75 mph.

Have almost 16k miles.

I believe Dingo or Woppy once stated that the '07 "rolls" very freely, and that can be used to one's mpg advantage.

Latest posts