axle hose?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
when i got home today, i noticed a hose from the back of my sport trac hitting the ground. I looked under the truck and notice that one end is connected to the left side of the axle, and the other side to nothing (hence why its hitting the ground). What is this hose? Whats it supposed to be connected to, and should i take it to the dealership? Thanks, all help is appreciated.

ps. if no one knows what im talking about, ill try posting a pic in a little while

That is the axle vent tube... IT should point toward the top of the truck, right by the spare tire.. I believe it had a clip or a zip tie on it... I re tied mine to the square plate that the spare tire touches... There was a hole in the plate...

Todd Z

I believe that you are referring to the rear differential vent tube. One end should be attached to the rear and the other end open allowing venting. It is suppose to be attached (tied) above the rear to the frame with a clamp of some sort.. I don't exactly know where offhand.

I wondered what this was too, but it shouldn't be dragging.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah just tie it up so it is elevated. Mine has a little plastic check valve or something on the tip. You might have lost yours, I can't tell.

Latest posts