back window problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
push the button!:p

Can you get it to roll down fully, just not vent? Check your fuses. Also, check the switch, and then last but not least, have the dealer check the control.

You will find a lot more info I am sure from others on this site.

I bought my 2001 used about a year ago. The only thing wrong with it was the rear window will not work at all. I have pulled the switch out and test it for continuity with a volt meter to see if the switch was bad or not. It appeared to not have any continuity except for the light. Does this mean i can just replace the switch and be good to go?

If power is getting to the switch, but not out of it, then common sense tells us its the switch. Should be able to replace it and your good.

Before I would replace it, check to make sure your getting voltage to it, might have been a short that blew the switch, and the wiring to the switch.

Being that it does vent, then power is getting to the switch and through the switch.

However, it is a multi-pole switch. So, it may be getting only to one side.

From the switch it goes to a module back near the rear window. The module receives info from the switch and then tells the motor what to do.

There are sensors on the window that cause communication with the module as well. But,,, since your window is not going down past vent, I cannot see the sensors being the issue.

I would suggest to test near the module to see if power is getting through both sides of the switch and then go from there.

Shawn & Brandon, I have e-mailed you the diagnosis, initialization and wiring schematics for the back window.

I just tore out ALL wiring and the complete rear window and it's workings to repair my Trac. I've read repeatedly about this "module" near the back window but it's a myth ...... unless they're calling the window/drive mechanism a "module". Pretty much only one harness to the back glass consisting of 2 or 3 wires( I haven't looked that closely yet) that goes to the motor.

Steve, mind forwarding that info over to me, guess what stopped working this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts