Bahb- code P0443 sensor location?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Sundown

Reaction score
Hey BahB I looked under the spare tire and checked for this evap sensor but it looked nothing like the one in the pic. The one in the pic looked close to one under hood near driver side of intake manifold. Unless I have to open the covers on the box by the spare tire. I have a 2001 ST. There is a different shaped sensor soons as you drop the box down. It has larger size hoses on it and then one goes into the side of the box. Other than that all I saw was to rectangular covers and then one next to the two. I didn't want to mess with it because I noticed the two larger hoses on the other sized were getting pinched so I put it back up for tomorrow. My part should be here wednesday so I will know if it is right. I will let everyone know if it fixes my check engine code P0443

MOTORCRAFT Part # CX1624 {#F67Z9C915CA}

F67E-9C915CA

$36.79

Todd Z

re: Check Engine Light Code-P0443 by Jason Housman,3/8/2007 22:49 ET

I'll take a look under the hood tomorrow to see exactly where that part is and probably just do it myself then. Thanks Todd.

re: Check Engine Light Code-P0443 by Bahb,3/9/2007 14:58 ET

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that part's not under the hood. It's attached to the top of the evaporator box under the back of your ST. Drop the spare tire, unbolt the box and drop it down. You'll have to remove a couple of hoses and an electrical connection to that sensor to get the thing all the way out.

yeah guys . i had the same code and it was that box. i took it off to install shocks. and when i put it back together i miss directed to hose that you have to take off to drop the box down. its the hose that goes over the piece of sheet metal that help position the spart tire. i didnt run it over so when i put the spare tire up it pinched that hose which threw the engine code. hope my 2 cents helps.

Ok. Part no is right for 2001 sport trac. It is located under battery holder. You can access better front driver side fender. You have to remove the front section of the wheel well shroud. Once you drop it off you can see the evap sensor. The one that Bahb said that was under the spare tire is the evap solenoid. That was not the problem in my case with the engine code P0443. So far it hasn't come back on since I changed it today. It wasn't that hard to do. I just had to figure out where excatly it was and how to get access to the 2 10mm bolts. Also you have to use a pliers to squeeze the connectors to get the vacuum lines off. There are 3 of them. Be careful not to crack the tiny one at the bottom of sensor. Thanks for the help everyone. That was a piece of cake. Bahb I looked under the spare tire because of you. Im gonna kill you!!!:D

LOL. Sorry about that. ;) Glad someone cleared it up for me though.

I'll be looking into swapping out my evap sensor (and not the solenoid) this weekend. :rolleyes:

So far so good . Checked engine light still off. No more codes....now all I have to do is fix the 4x4 module in the passenger kick panel. mine stop clicking on the 4x4 lights on dash. Cost about $180. I'll let you know if that is my problem or if it is something major.