Ball Joint/Control Arm Question?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Nystrom

Reaction score
It looks like I need to replace the ball joints on my ST (91K).

So, It looks like from reading through the archive that I can probably replace the lower ball joints but that I will most likely need to replace the upper control arms. No special tools, except maybe a pickling fork. I did not know what one was, but I looked it up on the craftsman page.

So, I looked for parts, but was confused...and just want to make sure I get the right parts.

Lower Ball Joints -- MOOG # K8695T

Upper Control Arm -- MOOG # K8708T for LH

But, they have two versions for the RH.

Upper Control Arm -- MOOG # K8710T (2 piece) for RH

[Broken External Image]:

Upper Control Arm -- MOOG # K80068 (1 piece) for RH

I guess I will go look at the truck and see which one looks like the one on the truck.

But, Does anyone know why there might be two different versions?. I am assuming a redesign (the two piece version says enhanced design). Anyone had any experience with either version? Thank's.

I plan to do the work next weekend, but I was just trying to get parts ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
well since no one else wants to give you any help....

there really is no difference except the one you pictured can adjust forward and back. personally i would replace it with the one piece. i only say that because thats one less thing to mess with. but then again you know some people just like to have OE and would stick with the two piece. its up to you. then again... heres a reason to stick with the two piece, its alot easier to replace. lol plain and simple.

Latest posts