bang for the buck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Ebersole

Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys feel is more bang for the buck. Would you think it is a throttle body, cat back exhaust, or power programmer? Please give me your feedback as I am in a dilemma.

Throttle body, cat back exhaust and then power programmer in that order. You want to get the power programmer last so it's programmed to get the most benefit from the 2 previously installed items.

I'd start lowest to highest in $$$$ (cause I'm mostly poor all the time ha) which seems to be Intake, than Exhaust (just get a muffler and remove the resonator, unless you are S/Cing it a whole new catback will gain almost nothing more but cost almost triple the $$$$) than programmer.

This is the order I took:

MAC intake, Zabtech Mod TB, UnderDog spark plug wires, UnderDog Screamin' Demon Coil Pack, Motorcraft Double Platinum spark plugs, Zabteck (RT) CAT & Y-PIPE, Magna-Flow exhaust.

Still waiting to make a purchase on the:

Zabteck (C & L) MAF, XCAL2 programmer... then down the road, Explorer Express headers and S/C...

Hey guys, your getting way ahead of me. Problem is, I can't afford all of the mods. I can get the cat back for $350, the TB for about $150, or the power programmer for $400. Now if you had to pick, which would you choose, and of the three, which will give me the most power and response to the pedal doing the best all around job for me? Thanks for all your feedback in advance

Throttle body next..... :D

Todd Z

Latest posts