Battery Chargers?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new battery charger. Recommendations?

BTW, I was looking at one of those multifunction tools that includes a jump starter, compressor, light, etc. Sears lists one on their website that is/was made by Campbell Hausfeld. Only problem is you can't actually buy the thing.

When I called them to inquire why their website would not let me order one they told me it was "not available to order".

My logical next question was... "So why is it on your website?"

Answer... "I don't know."

Dolts.:rolleyes:

Edit: Just to clarify, the above item does not include a 12V battery charger but rather a jump starter. Two different things. I am looking for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dingo, do you know if that charger is compatible with Optima batteries? I have those in a couple of my vehicles. I have read articles that state that since Optimas are a true sealed battery they are very sensitive to overcharging. I have also read that they can be charged at the same rates as normal batteries. Not sure what the truth is but I would rather err on the safe side. BTW, Optimas are referred to as AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries whereas a typical automotive battery is know as a flooded or liquid type.

I have an Optima Blue Top deep cycle in my truck. I had it on the charger for about 8 hours yesterday in 35 amp mode. No problems.