Battery tenders

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trian Trac, I just looked at the solar charger link you posted. I got the same one from harbor frieght for $12. I have it on my electric start generator, for home power failures.

Can't go solar as the car is never in the sun unless I am driving it.

This Deltran tender is actually pretty slick.

I hard wired a harness that stays under the hood always connected to the batt.

When I brought the batt home it was at 12.8 Volts, got it in the car all is well.

Hook up the tender and it starts charging at 14.4 volts, when the batt reaches 13.2 it go's into a rest mode and maintains 13.2.

If the batt falls below 13.2 the tender wakes up and starts charging again at 14.4.

works well for my application.:)

And only 30 bux at peps.even works at night:p

Last edited by a moderator:
TT, I have checked it from time to time. So far it is holding the battery at 12.55vdc. The generator doesnt have a battery charging circuit, which is odd. I havent used the generator since, IKE. I checked the output of the solar panel unloaded, off the battery. It is 20vdc @ 1/2amp. It has a power point plug connector, cig lighter. I had an adapter, to convert to clips. I didnt cut the power point plug off. I think it has a regulator in it. Also a blinking red led, shows that it is charging. The instructions said it would not overcharge or drain the battery at night. Can be left on 24/7.

The pic is identical except the harbor freight one is orange.

TT, here it is. Price has gone up...

Item# 44768 The link wont display it. plug the # into the page search.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts