Bed Extender Clip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This weekend I moved a bed for my Dad. When I went to flip my bed extender back in to the truck I noticed the right side would not latch. Upon further review I found that the metal pin that you pull on to release the extender for removal had come free of its plastic housing. The plastic has broken off.

I am sure I can JB weld it back together, but if I can fix it right for a relatively low cost I would rather do that.

So my question is, does anyone know what it would run to buy the entire plastic piece that is on both ends of the bed extender. That is of course assuming that they they are replaceable.

They look to be removable with a star wrench.

The plastic around the clips in my extender is broken too, but that does nor interfere with the operation of the extender, I can rotate it with no problem... Are the metal clips loose?

Hey there, I just replaced that same piece on my ranger's bed extender, its labeled as a support brace and the metal clip is pre-installed when you buy it. Took about 5 minutes of work to remove and replace the part. I got the part number from another member here who posted the entire TSB from Ford, it turned out to be really helpful. I'll try to look it up and repost. FYI, I paid about $25 for the part at a nearby dealer.

Latest posts